Senior/ Principal Landscape Architect
Johns Associates Ltd is an award-winning multidisciplinary planning and environmental consultancy. We provide high quality designs, advice, and sustainable and creative solutions for our clients in the fields of landscape architecture, ecology, planning, water, GIS, Environmental Impact Assessment, arboriculture and countryside management. We are now looking to recruit an experienced and Chartered Senior/ Principal Landscape Architect to join our Landscape Institute registered practice.
- Full or part time permanent position, based at our offices in Bradford-on-Avon, near Bath.
- The post will involve:
- Carrying out site-based landscape and visual surveys and producing LVIAs
- Writing landscape chapters as part of Environmental Statements.
- Developing appropriate hard and soft landscape designs for a range of developments at all design stages, from concept masterplanning through to detailed design, including specifications.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and integrating ecological and hydrological features into designs.
- Producing technical drawings using AutoCAD as well as by hand.
- Producing illustrations and photomontages using relevant software.
- Managing projects within a robust quality assurance system.
- Acting as day to day client interface.
- Leading the landscape team within the multi-disciplinary office.
- Developing new client opportunities and winning new business.
You will have:
- Chartered status and full membership of the Landscape Institute is essential.
- Postgraduate qualification in Landscape Architecture.
- At least 6 years relevant consultancy experience, showing good commercial awareness and successful project outcomes.
- Proven skills and experience of managing challenging projects and in building successful relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Good knowledge of planting and technical skills to develop detailed soft and hard landscape designs and specification work.
- Technical experience in the production of LVIAs, landscape chapters for Environmental Statements and Landscape Management Plans.
- A strong level of expertise in a range of software including AutoCAD, Keyscape, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and NBS. Some knowledge of GIS would be beneficial.
- Good working knowledge of the UK planning system.
- Production of written reports, drawings and specifications to a high professional standard.
- Proven track record of winning new landscape consultancy projects.
- Eligibility to work in the UK, a full clean driving license and access to a car.
In return, we offer a competitive starting salary and contributory pension scheme and employee benefits scheme after three months.
Please apply with a brief covering letter outlining why your particular skills are right for us, together with a CV outlining your qualifications and professional work experience, as well as examples of your graphic and written work (max. 10 A4 sheets) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Director of People and Legal
Johns Associates Ltd
Suites 1 & 2 The Old Brewery
Bradford on Avon
Johns Associates is an Equal Opportunities Employer