Johns Associates always welcomes CVs from talented individuals looking for a new challenge. If you are interested in working with us, please send a CV and covering letter/ email to email@example.com
We have the following current vacancy:
Full time, permanent position, based at our Grade 2 Listed offices in Bradford on Avon.
The post will involve:
- Efficient management and delivery of ecology and related multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors.
- Preparing and delivering EPS species licences (bats, great crested newt, dormouse as a minimum).
- Coordination of field surveys and deliverables for a range of client projects.
- Undertaking field surveys across a range of sites (including Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
- Production of high quality, robust written documents, including survey reports, PEAs, EcIAs and ES Ecology Chapters for a range of development proposals.
- Acting as day-to-day client interface.
- Co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as required.
- Developing new business opportunities and writing quotes/ tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
- Mentoring junior staff members in areas of expertise, both within the ecology team and across the company.
You will have:
- A relevant degree(s) and full membership of CIEEM. Chartered status an advantage.
- Acted as Named Ecologist on bat and great crested newt EPS licences (as a minimum).
- At least 6 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
- Management of commercial projects to time and budget
- Working on high-profile, complex projects, identifying and implementing solutions to issues as they arise
- Production of robust Ecological Impact Assessment Reports (to CIEEM standards) and Ecology Chapters of Environmental Statements
- Holder of protected species licences, including bats (at least Class 2; BLICL a distinct advantage), GCN and dormouse
- Experience of calculating Biodiversity Net Gain using the Defra Metric 2.0
- A thorough understanding of the UK planning system and supporting relevant UK and European legislation and policy.
- Experience of reviewing reports produced by junior colleagues for quality and technical accuracy and providing constructive feedback.
- Excellent attention to detail.
What We Offer
Johns Associates offers the following benefits and rewards to all staff:
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
- Contributory pension scheme*
- Employee Health Cash Plan*
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata), plus Bank Holidays
- Up to 5 days external training allowance per year, plus internal training
- Company sick pay scheme
- Flexible working and a balanced approach to working hours
- Company iPhone
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Access to company and/or hire vehicles, plus payment of business mileage
- Discretionary bonus
- Social events
* On successful completion of a three-month probationary period.