Johns Associates led the environmental aspects of the development of the golf course at the Ageas Bowl, the home of Hampshire Cricket and were then appointed to undertake the landscape design works for the new Hilton Hotel, designing the hard and soft landscape elements for the car parks, access road, hotel entrance, roof gardens and buggy paths.
- Effective liaison between Powells Ltd (as the main contractor), Ageas Bowl, Hilton Group and Eastleigh Borough Council.
- Johns Associates provided a comprehensive Landscape Palette as an illustrative decision tool to agree materials and finishes of the required quality fitting for this prestigious project.
- Creation of a detailed landscape design.
- Achievement of minimal tree felling and disturbance through careful design of the golf buggy path through existing woodland, using no-dig construction methods and translocation of ground flora prior to works commencing.
- Johns Associates’ involvement with the construction of the Ageas Bowl golf course allowed a coherent scheme design between the hotel and golf course.
- Woodland management associated with part of the car park.
The hotel and landscape areas are complete and planting within its first year, well on its way to becoming fully established.