Johns Associates always welcomes CVs from talented individuals looking for a new challenge. If you are interested in working with us, please send a CV and covering letter/ email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have the following vacancy:
Ecologist/ Senior Ecologist
Full time, permanent position, based at our offices in Bradford on Avon.
The post will involve:
- Efficient management and delivery of ecology projects across a range of sectors.
- Coordination of field surveys and deliverables for a range of client projects.
- Undertaking field surveys across a range of sites (including UK Habitat Classification survey, Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
- Production of high quality, robust written documents, including survey reports, PEAs, EcIAs and Biodiversity Net Gain assessments for a range of development proposals.
- Acting as day-to-day client interface.
- Co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as required.
- Writing quotes and assisting with tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
You will have:
- A relevant degree(s) and membership of CIEEM.
- 3-5 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
- Managing projects to time and budget
- Producing robust PEA reports
- Protected species surveys
- Biodiversity Net Gain assessment
- Class 2 bat licence, GCN and/or dormouse licence an advantage
- Experience of assisting with (or completing) EPS licence applications for bats or GCN or dormouse also an advantage
- A thorough understanding of the UK planning system and supporting relevant UK and European legislation and policy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
What We Offer
Johns Associates offers the following benefits and rewards to all staff:
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience)
- Hybrid Working Policy, enabling home as well as office working
- Contributory pension scheme and Employee Health Cash Plan*
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (pro-rata), plus Bank Holidays
- Up to 5 days external training allowance per year, plus internal training
- Company sick pay scheme
- Flexible working and a balanced approach to working hours
- Payment of annual CIEEM membership
- Access to company and/or hire vehicles, plus payment of business mileage
- Discretionary bonus
* On successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering email/ letter to email@example.com