Highly Experienced Ecologist Required
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Senior or Principal Ecologist on a full time, permanent basis, working in our CIEEM award winning ecology team at our new offices in Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, just 6 miles from the beautiful Georgian city of Bath.
The post will involve:
- Effective management and delivery of challenging and exciting large-scale ecology projects across a range of sectors, to time and within budget, coordinating all elements and specialist sub-consultants required for the project and providing a high standard of technical output, advice, review and quality.
- Production of Ecology Chapters of Environmental Statements and non-EIA Ecological Impact Assessments, together with other technical documents.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovate solutions and biodiversity net gain.
- Acting as lead day-to-day client interface for those projects being managed.
- Undertaking a wide range of field surveys across a range of habitats (including Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
- Acting as Project Manager (Senior and Principal) and Project Director (Principal). Providing support to the Directors and Ecology Team Leader.
- Developing new business opportunities and writing quotes/ tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
You will have:
- A relevant degree(s) and full membership of CIEEM. Chartered status is desirable (CEnv or CEcol).
- At least 8 years (experienced Senior) or 12 years (Principal) relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
- Management of commercial projects to time and to budget, with a high standard of quality and client satisfaction;
- A thorough and proven understanding of the UK planning system and associated relevant UK and European legislation and policy, evidenced through your work, CV and examples;
- Preparation of EPS licence applications (being the named ecologist would be an advantage)
- Experience of technical review of reports produced by colleagues, sub-consultants etc and providing constructive feedback to resolve any issues and meet high quality standards.
- Strong business development and tender writing skills.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, sub-consultants and regulators.
- Excellent attention to detail.
In return, we offer a diverse range of interesting and relevant high profile and exciting work across a broad range of sectors around the UK, a key role in an experienced ecology team in our multidisciplinary practice and a competitive salary package. We will provide excellent levels of support to develop your career within our Gold Standard Investors In People company. At Johns Associates we aim to inspire and encourage you enjoy your work, to think outside the box and to develop in the direction you want to go.
Please apply in writing (CV and covering letter) to Liz Johns (email@example.com)