Experienced Senior Landscape Architect
- Full time permanent position, based at our offices in Bradford-on-Avon, near Bath.
- The post will involve:
- Carrying out site-based landscape and visual surveys and producing LVIAs
- Writing landscape chapters as part of Environmental Statements.
- Developing appropriate hard and soft landscape designs for a range of developments at all design stages, from masterplanning through to detailed design, including specifications.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and integrating ecological / hydrological features into designs.
- Producing technical drawings using AutoCAD and other software as well as by hand.
- Producing illustrations and photomontages using relevant software.
- Managing projects within a robust quality assurance system.
- Acting as day to day client interface.
- Leading the landscape team within the office.
- Winning new business.
You will have:
- A Degree in Landscape Architecture and a postgraduate diploma in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent)
- Chartered status and full membership of the Landscape Institute.
- At least 5 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven technical experience in producing LVIAs, landscape chapters for Environmental Statements and detailed soft and hard landscape designs and specification work.
- A strong level of expertise in a range of software including AutoCAD, Keyscape, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and NBS. Some knowledge of GIS would be beneficial.
- Experience of managing challenging projects.
- Familiarity with BIM and its uses in the delivery of public realm projects.
- A proven project track record within a consultancy environment, showing good commercial awareness and successful outcomes.
- Good working knowledge of the UK planning system.
- Proven skills and experience in project management, and in building successful relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Proven skills and experience in the production of written reports, LVIAs drawings and specifications to a high professional standard.
- Proven track record of winning new landscape consultancy projects.
- Eligibility to work in the UK, a full clean driving license and access to a car.
In return, we offer a competitive starting salary, contributory pension scheme and employee rewards scheme after three months.
Please apply with a brief covering letter outlining why your particular skills are right for us, together with a CV outlining your qualifications and professional work experience, as well as examples of your graphic and written work (max. 10 A4 sheets) to email@example.com or to:
Bath, BA2 7FJ
Johns Associates is an Equal Opportunities Employer
No recruitment agencies please