To develop and implement the restoration of Fleet Pond Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
- Johns Associates provided a multi-disciplinary project team of hydrologists, geomorphologists, landscape architects, planners, contractors and ecologists
- We produced a £1500 feasibility study to secure £1,000,000 from Natural England, the Environment Agency, Hart District Council and Fleet Pond Society
- We created intelligent and innovative lake design to remedy the damaging build up of silt and mitigate for it in the long term
- Johns Associates managed the planning application including a detailed Environmental Assessment
- We designed and oversaw the development of stream diversions, in-lake islands, fish exclusion zones and zooplankton refuge habitat
- Our project team secured all permits, managed the works including contractor appointment, construction supervision, stakeholder consultation and reporting
- Our Water Team monitored the restoration works and ongoing recovery of the SSSI, including water quality, lake ecology and habitat features
The condition of the SSSI is already improving, with much greater habitat diversity and longevity for the lake. The project won the ICE Sustainability and Environment Award in 2013.