We are looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Senior Ecologist on a full time, permanent basis, working at our new offices in Bradford on Avon.
The post will involve:
• Efficient management and delivery of ecology and multi-disciplinary projects across a range of sectors.
• Coordination of field surveys and deliverables for a range of client projects.
• Undertaking field surveys across a range of sites (including Phase 1 and Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys).
• Acting as day-to-day client interface.
• Co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as required.
• Developing new business opportunities and writing quotes/ tender proposals for relevant projects across a range of sectors.
• Providing support to the Ecology Team Leader.
You will have:
• A relevant degree(s) and full membership of CIEEM. Chartered status is desirable (CEnv or CEcol).
• At least 6 years relevant consultancy experience, with proven experience in the following key areas:
o Management of commercial projects to time and budget
o Production of robust Ecological Impact Assessment Reports (to CIEEM standards)
o Production of robust Ecology Chapters of Environmental Statements
o Preparation of EPS licence applications (as the named ecologist would be an advantage)
• A thorough understanding of the UK planning system and supporting relevant UK and European legislation and policy.
• Experience of reviewing reports produced by junior colleagues and providing constructive feedback.
• Strong business development and tender writing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, sub-consultants and regulators.
In return, we offer a diverse range of interesting and relevant work, taking a key role in an experienced team in our multidisciplinary practice, a competitive salary package (including a contributory pension scheme and employee benefits scheme after three months) and support to extend your skills and experience through appropriate training and development. At Johns Associates we aim to inspire and encourage you to think outside the box and to develop in the direction you want to go. We have recently achieved the Investors in People Gold standard.
Please apply in writing (CV and covering letter) to Liz Johns (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE